RTDS Technologies regularly holds Simulator training courses at our world-class simulation lab in Winnipeg, Manitoba. These are hands-on courses that typically run over 5 days and are led by our team of simulation experts. The following is a list of courses that are available and their scheduled dates. Please note that we require a minimum of 5 participants to run each course. Each course is limited to 15 participants. Please register early.
RTDS Simulator Introductory Training Course
This popular course is targeted at those who have little to no experience with the RTDS Simulator. It focuses on the basic use of the RTDS Simulator’s hardware and the RSCAD software suite. It is a hands-on course led by our industry experts in real time digital simulation. By the end of the week it is expected that participants can assemble and run simple power systems simulation cases in RSCAD, be familiar with the I/O features of the RTDS Simulator as well as connect a physical device to the RTDS Simulator for closed-loop testing. The following topics will be covered as part of the course:
- Overview of the principles of operation of the RTDS Simulator and an introduction to the electromagnetic transients algorithm used.
- Introduction to the RSCAD software suite and its modules.
- Build and run a number of power system simulation cases showing the capabilities and limitations of the RTDS Simulator.
- Use of various I/O cards – GTAO, GTAI, GTDO, GTDI and GTFPI.
- Introduction to developing an interface between an external protective relay and the RTDS Simulator for closed-loop testing.
- Use RSCAD’s CBuilder module to create user defined component models.
- Use scripts to automate the process of running simulation cases.
March 13 – 17, 2017
Deadline to register: EXTENDED! REGISTER BY MARCH 8, 2017!
$1000.00 CAD, plus 5% GST. Student rate is $250.00, plus 5% GST.