RTDS Technologies regularly holds Simulator training courses at our world-class simulation lab in Winnipeg, Manitoba. These are hands-on courses that typically run over 5 days and are led by our team of simulation experts. The following is a list of courses that are available and their scheduled dates. Please note that we require a minimum of 5 participants to run each course. Each course is limited to 15 participants. Please register early.
RTDS Simulator Introductory Training Course
Who Should Attend
- This popular course is targeted at those who have little to no experience with the RTDS Simulator hardware or software. This is a hands-on course led by our industry experts.
Topics of Discussion
- Overview of the principles of operation of the RTDS Simulator and an introduction to the electromagnetic transients algorithm used.
- Introduction to the RSCAD software suite and its modules.
- Build and run a number of power system simulation cases showing the capabilities and limitations of the RTDS Simulator.
- Use of various I/O cards – GTAO, GTAI, GTDO, GTDI and GTFPI.
- Introduction to developing an interface between an external protective relay and the RTDS Simulator for closed-loop testing.
- Use RSCAD’s CBuilder module to create user defined component models.
- Use scripts to automate the process of running simulation cases.
- September 26 – 30, 2016
- $1000.00 CAD, plus 5% GST. Student rate is $250.00, plus 5% GST.