RTDS Technologies has joined forces with ERIGrid project partners ICCS-NTUA and HEDNO to organize the ERIGrid Summer School on Advanced Operations and Control of Active Distribution Networks. The school takes place at NTU Athens, June 10 – 14, 2019.
The course will cover key aspects of modern distribution networks and smart grids, such as
- Advanced inverter functions to provide ancillary services
- Optimal operation and control of distribution networks
- Machine learning applications in smart grids
- Energy markets and demand response
- Grid integration of Electric Vehicles
- Adaptive protection of distribution networks
- Service restoration of distribution networks
- Power system resilience
Also included in the Summer School program:
- Advanced Controller Hardware in the Loop and Power Hardware in the Loop experiments during dedicated laboratory sessions.
- A visit to the Meltemi smart grid pilot site (awarded by the Smart Grids European Technology Platform) at a seaside location a few kilometers from Athens.
- An industry session with the Greek distribution network operator HEDNO, including discussions with industry experts and visits to real installations.