Position Title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Department: Marketing & Sales
Date: February 2019
The Marketing Communications Specialist will support RTDS Technologies’ overall marketing & communications strategy. Working closely with the Marketing & Sales team and Applications experts, you will participate in all marketing communications and public relations activities to ensure consistent and engaging messaging about the company’s products and solutions.
• Work with Marketing & Sales team to plan and execute the overall marketing communications strategy.
• Coordinate marketing & communications efforts with a focus on message and content development.
• Collaborate with members of the Marketing & Sales team, technical staff etc. in developing content for all marketing collateral, corporate communications and digital marketing including website & social media. This will involve development of engaging, easy-to-read content on technical subjects, providing copy-writing support as necessary, and basic graphic design work.
• Work with the Event Coordinator to promote and publicize different events.
• Manage visual assets including logos, photo libraries, and stock imagery.
• Plan and create engaging and informative content such as video, presentations, etc.
• Plan and execute integrated marketing communications campaigns.
• Collaborate with external designers on project basis or as needed.
• Seek out and gain expertise on existing, new and emerging customer-facing communication tools. Find new and innovative ways to leverage digital media for marketing and public relations initiatives.
• Produce regular reports on marketing and communication campaigns to track the group’s progress on strategy.
• Keep updated with the latest products, features, and organization information etc.
• Assist in reviewing and editing sales/technical presentations to ensure accuracy & consistency in the message and content.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Diploma/Certification in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
• 2-5 years of experience in a marketing and communications role, including content development, developing and executing integrated strategic marketing plans, and digital (web, social media etc.) marketing responsibility.
• Must have hands-on experience with Adobe suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
• Experience in power systems field or power systems background/knowledge is an asset.
• Exceptional communication skills, including both writing and public speaking. Foreign language skills considered an asset.
• Photography, videography experience is considered an asset.
• Ability to transform complex technical information into a compelling story, using plain language that meets corporate guidelines, strong understanding of communications best practices and strategies.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects to meet deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate with others while also working well independently, taking initiative and a proactive approach.
To apply, please send a cover letter & resume to Claudia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those considered for interviews will be contacted.