JOIN OUR TEAM
At RTDS Technologies we are continually expanding our work force based on the growing needs of our business. If you are interested in the following career opportunity with RTDS Technologies please send your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a covering letter to email@example.com.
IT Support Specialist
Department: Finance & Administration
Posted: January 31, 2017
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
The IT Support Specialist will provide support and maintenance for all end user device hardware, including, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, peripherals, audio visual equipment etc., and all associated software. This includes diagnosis, repair and upgrade activities, as well as, activities supporting the overall Information Technology function.
- Responsible for all user hardware/software support – including purchase, diagnosis, repair and upgrade activities
- Install/configure user computers, laptops etc. and ensure connection to network
- Install/configure software, including repairs and upgrades
- Troubleshoot hardware – includes PCs and Laptops, Printers, Telephones, and at a limited capacity, servers and switches etc.
- Troubleshoot software – includes Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, in addition to other in-house and third party applications
- Responsible for user account management, office systems (CARDAC)
- Client and server antivirus configuration, maintenance and monitoring
- Client and server backup monitoring and issue handling
- Inventory control and service history for client and server computers and peripherals
- License tracking for Microsoft and Adobe etc.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems and respond to user inquiries relative to their operation to resolve problems
- Responsible for oversight of the main Company website
- Assist the Systems & Network Administration teams as needed in maintaining and monitoring the server and network environment
- University Degree or College diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ progressive industry experience in a similar role required – including experience with computer systems in a Microsoft network environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent customer service, analytical, problem-solving, written & verbal communication and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Ability to use strong intuition and resources effectively
- Detail oriented and self-motivated