JOIN OUR TEAM
At RTDS Technologies we are continually expanding our work force based on the growing needs of our business.
If you are interested in the following career opportunity with RTDS Technologies please send your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Software Developer (Jr.)
Department: Research & Development
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Term: One Year
The Software Developer will participate in the development of all software related to the RTDS simulator. The Software Developer works as a part of a small team to maintain and enhance RTDS’ front-end software suite. The diverse work includes GUI design, compiler maintenance, and general support of RTDS’ existing code base.
• Software development in support of the RTDS Simulator using knowledge of C and Java computer programming languages
• Participate in project deliverables and daily independent tasks as assigned by Manager
• Write, modify, integrate and test software code, adhering to coding standards and processes
• Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
• Hands-on troubleshooting, debugging, and fixing of issues during development and post-release
• Offer assistance and support to customers in areas related to the RTDS software
• Support in-house model development using RSCAD
• Work closely with other staff, especially Hardware and Support, to define functional and user-interface requirements and resolve customer issues
• Other duties as assigned by Management
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent, preferred
• Java and C programming experience, knowledge of assembly is an asset
• Excellent user interface design skills & organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Willing and cooperative attitude
If you are interested in the following career opportunity with RTDS Technologies please send your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a covering letter to email@example.com.
For the Position of: Vice President of Business Development, RTDS Technologies Inc.
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
This is an opportunity to assume the senior corporate development leadership role in a highly successful, global enterprise whose brand is recognized internationally as the industry leader in real time digital simulation technology for the electrical power industry. RTDS Technologies Inc. (“RTDS”) developed and introduced the world’s first fully digital real time simulator and, as the first of its kind, created the market for this technology. Its products have since become the worldwide industry standard.
Established in 1994, RTDS remains privately-owned and operated and is primarily engaged in manufacturing, marketing, servicing, and continuing the development of its flagship product – the Real Time Digital Simulator. As the pioneers of real time digital simulation, RTDS’ simulator is more widely used than any other in the world. With over 300 customers in over 40 countries, residing on every continent except Antarctica, RTDS works with the biggest names in the worldwide electrical power industry – from the industry’s leading manufacturers to the world’s most progressive utilities and universities.
This very special leadership opportunity is designed to ensure that RTDS not only continues to dominate the current market, but also uncovers and expands into new markets to provide its world standard technology and custom solutions. The Vice President of Business Development will be a key driver towards the organizations continued growth and success.
Reporting directly to the Board, the VP, Business Development role is a newly-created position. Its mandate is to provide overall strategic leadership and direction to the organization in areas of new business development. This includes providing corporate-wide leadership in:
- global business development, marketing & sales strategies
- identifying and evaluating emerging industry trends and new markets
- go-to-market strategic planning and execution for new and enhanced product offerings
- identifying and negotiating new strategic relationships and building RTDS customer base
As the organization’s most senior corporate development executive, the VP, Business Development will act in collaboration with the VP, Marketing & Sales in an advisory capacity to the Board on long-term global strategic vision and planning in all corporate development matters.
Key Competencies (Ideal Candidate Specification)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior-level business development position serving the global power systems market, as well as, a technical background in power systems engineering. This includes leadership experience and responsibility driving an organizations marketing, sales or business development functions.
- A commercial focus with experience in uncovering and exploring new market opportunities in served, under-served, and un-served (new, yet-to-be-created) markets; this includes understanding the customer’s unique needs (articulated and unarticulated) and requirements.
- Experience in product development and the entire product lifecycle process – from trends analysis (technology and market) to concept to market. This includes predicting market direction; studying major product and market inflections; and translating findings into future-focused business development strategies.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of the power system industry and emerging markets to provide meaningful input in technology strategy and the development of next generation technologies and solutions that drive revenue & margin growth. This includes financial ROI rigour and due diligence applied to project/product investment decisions (risk management).
- Experience in developing and driving an organization’s strategic vision (vis-à-vis global business development), customer & market assessment, competitive analysis, business models and business case – providing rationale and focus, emphasizing market differentiation, presenting growth opportunities, developing new pricing/service offerings and bolting these to the broader corporate strategic vision.
- Marketing & Sales leadership experience in a global context, including an understanding of international multi-market product compliance (regulatory approvals and product/service standards); global contract manufacturing/assembly; worldwide sourcing, supply chains and logistics; and global industry trends.
- Customer-centric, with experience in developing and maintaining close relationships with major customers (including a large, international installed base) and building a network with key industry players and market stakeholders. Experience in initiating, negotiating and forging strategic relationships with vendors/suppliers, external technology partners, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Involvement at the broader industry level, with experience representing and promoting an organization at trade shows, conferences, industry association events, technical working-group meetings, and other industry and public venues. Professional activities focused on maintaining a state-of-the-art understanding of technology developments in power systems, including maintaining relationships with relevant professional groups.
- Financial acumen with experience in project NPV (Net Present Value) calculations, techno-economic analysis, and (operating and capital) budget management and reporting. Exposure to M&A transactions an asset.
- People leadership skills and experience in building high-performance teams; in leading their (individual and collective) development and achievement; and in successfully developing and delivering business development strategies. A champion of best people, best practices and processes, continuous improvement, and innovation, with success in fostering this mentality within the team and the broader organization.
- Experience, credentials, and a leadership ‘presence’ that quickly inspires confidence and garners trust and respect – internally and externally. The ability to dive in and provide early leadership.
- Experience reporting to, and operating at, the Board and/or ownership (shareholder) level.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), including demonstrated ability to effectively communicate highly complex and technical issues to a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical), across and beyond the organization. Equally important is the ability to communicate business ideas and concepts to highly technical audiences.
- Electrical Engineering degree(s)
- Business, Marketing, Sales degree(s) or equivalent experience is an asset
- MBA designation preferred or equivalent experience
- Specialization in electrical power systems (preferred)
- Eligible for membership in APEGM (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba)
- 60-70%, primarily international